|Scorecard:||Australia v Sri Lanka|
|Player:||JJ Crowe, DPMD Jayawardene|
|Event:||Commonwealth Bank Series 2007/08|
DateLine: 2nd March 2008
The Sri Lanka team was fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its 13-run victory over Australia in Melbourne in the 12th and last preliminary round match of the tri-series on Friday.
Jeff Crowe of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fine after Mahela Jayawardena’s side was ruled to be one over short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Jayawardena was fined 10 per cent of his match fee with each of his players receiving five per cent fines.
The offence is contrary to Section J of the ICC Code of Conduct which relates to slow over-rates. For such offences, the decision of the ICC match referee is final and binding.
The full ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Officials can be found at:
- England Women in Pakistan 2021/22
- Gibraltar in Malta 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Asia Qualifier A 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier Europe 2021/22
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Americas Region Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- Sierra Leone in Nigeria 2021/22
- Valletta Cup 2021/22
- West Indies Women in Pakistan 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE