|Scorecard:||Zimbabwe v India|
|Player:||KL Rahul, YS Chahal, KK Nair|
|Event:||India in Zimbabwe 2016|
DateLine: 12th June 2016
Mumbai, June 12 : While one dubutant K.L.Rahul had an enjoyable match against Zimbabwe on Saturday, the other Indian player, Yuzvendra Chahal's family believes their son too had a memorable match, through he didn't get more than one Zimbabwe wicket.
"We want to thank "Birthday Boy" for his wicket to Yuz at his debut. It will be remembered throughout his life", K.K.Chahal, the father of 26-year-old Yuzvendra Chahal said from his Jind home in Haryana.
The family was not aware till informed by this reporter that Yuz's first international victim Richmond Mutumbami (c. Rahul b. Chahal for 15 tuns) had a birthday on Saturday.
"The day was good for my son, but not for Mutumbami", he added.
"I am happy for my son's debut performance in this winning match".
"Before going to ground he made call to me and also sought his mother (Sunita) blessings".
"After he receiving India cap, we sat in front of the TV and watched the entire match".
"We were very delighted when he got his first international wicket. It will help him to set more goals".
"My wife was also very happy for our son".
"We thank selectors and team for keeping faith in my son and we hope he does better in the remaining matches", the father signed off.
The third Indian debutant in the match Karun Nair scored 9 runs in his opening international.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2016 Bipin Dani)
- England in Pakistan 2021/22
- England Women in Pakistan 2021/22
- Gibraltar in Malta 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier Europe 2021/22
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Americas Region Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- Ireland Women in Zimbabwe 2021/22
- Valletta Cup 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE