|Ground:||Basin Reserve, Wellington|
|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Australia|
|Player:||DL Vettori, BB McCullum|
|Event:||Australia in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 22nd March 2010
The hosts inspired by skipper Vettori's fighting fifty and McCullum's over my dead body unbeaten 94 took lead in the first Test after being asked to follow-on. When bad light stopped play New Zealand were 369 for the loss of 6 wickets with McCullum and Tuffey at the crease.
Resuming at 187 for 5 Vettori an McCullum showed admirable determination and concentration to stall Australia's charge. The pair added 126 in 36.1 overs as they helped New Zealand to surge ahead. Hauritz finally provided the visitors a hope as he produced the vital breakthrough to remove Vettori (77, 119b, 8x4) bowled around his legs.
McCullum found an able company in Tuffey s they added 60 runs in 18 overs to help New Zealand take lead. Bad light made it impossible for the play to continue after tea giving the hosts a realistic chance of saving the Test.
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Africa Region Qualifier 2021
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- India Women in Australia 2021/22
- New Zealand in Pakistan 2021/22
- New Zealand Women in England 2021
- South Africa Women in West Indies 2021
- Thailand Women in Africa 2021
- Zimbabwe in Ireland and Scotland 2021
View all Current Events CLICK HERE