|Player:||DPMD Jayawardene, ML Udawatte, LD Chandimal|
|Event:||Idea Cup 2009/10|
DateLine: 7th January 2010
Sri Lanka recalled former captain Mahela Jayawardene and two other players as injury cover for the ongoing Tri-series One-day tournament in Bangladesh.
Opener Mahela Udawatte and uncapped wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Chandimal were called up alongside Jayawardene and all three were expected to join the squad.
Jayawardene was not originally selected for the tournament, which also involves hosts Bangladesh and India, after picking up an injury last month.
"He is now fit and ready to play," manager Brendon Kuruppu said.
The call-ups follow injuries to middle-order batsman Chamara Silva, who has been ruled out of the tournament with a broken thumb, as well as opener Tillakaratne Dilshan and all rounder Muthumudalige Pushpakumara, who are under observation.
Dilshan suffered a groin injury on Monday on his away to a match-winning century in the opening match of the tournament against Bangladesh and missed the win over India on Tuesday. Pushpakumara injured his right shoulder while fielding during the India match.
- England Women in Pakistan 2021/22
- Gibraltar in Malta 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier Europe 2021/22
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Americas Region Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- Sierra Leone in Nigeria 2021/22
- Valletta Cup 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE